We are currently learning about addition in maths.
We use addition in every day life all the time, so it is important to improve our skills in this area of maths. Here are some effective addition strategies that we are working on in our classroom:
– Automatic recall of the addition tens and twenties facts
– Doubles and near doubles addition facts
– Double doubles (for example, 8+8=16 and 16+16=32)
– 100 facts (addition equations that equal 100)
– Adding to the nearest 10 when solving two digit addition problems
– Adding hundreds, tens and ones when solving three digit problems
– Using a range of efficient addition strategies during problem solving tasks.
In our classroom we use a variety of hands on games, strategy-based tasks, real life problems and websites/apps to develop our mathematical skills.
Here are some addition websites for you to try!