Term One Reflections

We are currently on school holidays after a fun and busy term one.

Last week the students in 4A and 4B reflected on their term one learning by creating slideshows on their iPads.

To complete this task, students had to:

• Become familiar with the presentation app, Keynote
  • Take photos of their work samples from the term
  • Write about different aspects of their learning
  • Format their Keynote presentation
  • Upload their presentation (as a PDF or PowerPoint document) to Showbie.

Showbie is Miss Jordan’s new favourite iPad app! After Miss Jordan set up her teacher account and set up classes, students had to enter the class code and could see the tasks she set. It is easy for students to upload their work for the set tasks using apps on their iPad. It makes it simple for Miss Jordan to collect all of the students’ iPad work and give them feedback.

Once completed and uploaded to Showbie, Miss Jordan could access all of the students’ presentations. Miss Jordan then opened up the Keynote presentations in Google Drive in order to embed them here on the class blog.

Here are three of our term reflections.

* Please note – animations and special affects are lost when Keynote presentations are converted and uploaded to Showbie.

***

What do you think of these presentations?

What did you learn in term one?

What was your term one highlight?

12 thoughts on “Term One Reflections

1. Hello Everyone,
    I have really enjoyed this term with our wonderfull teachers Miss Curtain and Miss Jordan.

My highlights of this year are reciving our great iPads, doing laps around the oval with our teacher Mrs Sing and learning lots about Australia and oceans.

I think that Ella and Eevie did a great job with there presentations. Becase they are a bit different to each other’s. I liked it how Eevie put down all the stragies that we lurnt in Maths.

Have a great Easter, and enjoy the holidays,
    From Summer

• Dear Summer,

I also thought we had a fun and great start to the year! It was really fun and exciting!

The highlights for this term have been the iPads and the cross country and cross country training. This term has been very fun!

Thank you for liking my presentation! I think everyone did a great job! I am glad you liked my idea! You can use it any time!

Have a fun holidays,
      Eevie

I am have had a exelent term 1. I am enjoying my holiday. I can’t wait till I get back to school!

My hilight of this term was inquiry. It was fun learning about oceans and Australia. One fact that I learnt was that there is 5 different oceans.

I learnt what a acronym is, a acronym is a short cut of a sentence. EG. NYC, the sentence is New York City.

I hade have lots of fun using keynote and showbie.

C U next term,
    Emma

I have had a great term with our wonderful teachers Miss Jordan and Miss Curtain!
    My highlights of this term are getting our IPads, doing training with Miss Sing for Cross Country and learning heaps of facts about Australia and Oceans.

This term I have learned about texts features like headings,sub headings,diagrams,images and tittles.

I hope you are having a great holiday.
    From Sienna

• Dear Sienna,

I have had a wonderful term! It has been exciting and fun and our teachers and student teachers have done a wonderful job of teaching us!

My highlights for this year have been getting the iPads, Cross Country, Cross Country training and and learning about Australia and are 5 Oceans. Do you have any more highlights?

This term we have learnt about a lot of things like text features in CAFE( and a lot of other things for CAFE in reading), in maths we have done strategies for multiplycation, division, subtraction and addition and we have learnt about a lot of other things.

Have a great Easter,
      Eevie

4. Hello 4A and 4B,

The presentations look wonderful. Taking time to reflect on what we have learnt or done helps us realise how much we have achieved.

Eevie, Daisy and Ella – I was not only impressed by the quality of your presentations but also by the content. You have achieved so much in the year already.
    I wonder how long a presentation would be needed if at the end this year you had to reflect on the entire school year? I suspect the presentation would be huge. 🙂

Ross Mannell
    Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

• Dear Ross,

Thank you for looking at our term 1 reflections! We had a fun time creating our term 1 reflections on are iPads with an app called keynote.

We a really glad that you liked are reflections! We have learnt a lot this term in all of the subjects!

If you did a presentation for the end of the year of a school year, it would be very long as we learn a lot every year . I wonder if we will be doing an end of year presentation .

Eevie 😉

• Hello Eevie,

One big advantage of keeping record of your reflections is being able to look back some time in the future and say, “I remember that.”

For me, many of my reflections on the past come when I see photos taken often many years ago. Without today’s computers, photos and handwriting were the tools of reflection. The photos are windows to the past and writing the past’s thoughts.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday break. Today (Friday) was the last day of school for N.S.W. children and I know you are now half way through your break. 🙂

Ross Mannell
      Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

• Hello Emma,

Having an active mind wide open to the world around us is the key to filling our lives with experiences for reflection. Math, reading and inquiry are great areas for building experiences. 🙂

Ross Mannell
        Teacher (retired), N.S.W., Australia

• Dear Ross,
      Thank you for always leaving a comment on are class blog. I would be tricky having to do a keynote on the whole year, but, it a think it would be brilliant looking at what we have learnt.

I have always have enjoyed math, reading and inquiry, it is interesting learning things in those areas.

Talk soon,
      Emma

5. Hello students from Miss Jordan’s Class

We loved seeing your Term 1 reflections slideshow.

We can relate to your maths because we were learning about Statistics too and we enjoyed it.

We are not on our school holidays yet, but on April 16th we finish school for Term 1.

Holidays in Australia are earlier than holidays in New Zealand.

Do you get two or three weeks of holidays?

We get two weeks holiday.

Yours sincerely

Abby M. and Charlotte C.

Harewood School, Christchurch, New Zealand
    This is our blog address:
    http://room92014harewood.blogspot.co.nz/

• Dear Abby.M and Charlotte.C,

Thank you for looking at our blog! I am glad you liked are term 1 reflections !

It was really fun creating are presentions, and reflecting so we could make them. We had learnt a lot in term 1!

I bet you can not wait for your school holidays! I hope you have a lot of fun! We get two weeks of the holidays.

I can not wait to look at your blog! I bet it is fantastic!

Eevie 😉