Today the students in our school participated in our annual
Indonesian is one of our specialist subjects, and all classes have a one hour session with our Indonesian teacher, Bu Wall, every week. Learning a second language is a valuable experience and it is great to see the students’ Indonesian skills improve each term.
To celebrate our Indonesian program, today’s special day involved students rotating around a variety of cultural activities. These included:
- Making masks
- Creating puppets
- Participating in Indonesian dancing
- Learning about Indonesian music and using an iPad app to create a musical sequence.
- Playing the games Congklak and Main Karet
- Exploring the Batik art form
- Sampling traditional Indonesian fruits
- Tasting Mie Goreng
Check out the slideshow featuring the 4A and 4B students enjoying Indonesian day!
It was wonderful to see the students enjoying the cultural experiences and having fun in their multi-aged groups!
Terima kasih Bu Wall untuk mengatur Hari Indonesia!
What did you enjoy about our Indonesian Day?
Can you write a sentence in Indonesian in your comment?