Family Blogging Month Comes To An End

During August, the students in 4A and 4B have been trying hard to get their families and friends involved in our class blog.

We had a competition called August is Family Blogging Month where we used a chart to record how many comments we were receiving from the students’ families and friends.

It was fantastic that we had lots of mums, dads, siblings, aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins and family friends comment on our blog!

August is now over so the winner was announced. Congratulations…

Eevie

Eevie won Bocce game, purchased by our principal, Mr Roskosch. We hope Eevie enjoys playing Bocce with her family!

P1080721

Eevie has also won a guest post on our class blog! It will be interesting to see what she decides to post about.

Well done to Eli, who was a very close second in the challenge!

***

We had around 350 comments on our blog during August and many of these comments were from family members and family friends.

Now that the competition is over, we still hope that many friends and families of the students in 4A and 4B will continue to visit our blog regularly!

***

What did you think about our “August is Family Blogging Month” challenge?

What is your favourite blog post so far this year?

14 thoughts on “Family Blogging Month Comes To An End

1. Hello 4A and 4B,
    Congratulations Eevie! I was starting to wonder when you were going to announce the winner, Miss Jordan.

I think that August is Family Blogging Month was an excellent little program to have for August. What did you think?

My favourite blog post so far was a recent one, Perimeter and Area. I found all of the measuring quite fun and interesting. Do you agree?

Thanks,
    Daisy

2. Hello 4A and 4B,

Thanks,
    Daisy 🙂

• Dear Daisy,

The blogging competition was an awesome way to get family and friends commenting and seeing what we were doing in the classroom.

I was also wondering when Miss Jordan was going to announce the winner. I think Eli did a great job for coming second. He did a great job!

I think the program “August is family blogging month!” was great because:

* It got family members and friends to see what we were doing in our classroom at the time

* If the family members commented most of them still might comment

* It is great way and different way to keep in touch.

My favourite post…..I don’t have one! There have been so many awesome posts and I do not have a favourite.

I do agree that the area and perimeter was a good post. I think what made it good was how there was a math question.

Did you find out the answer to the question on the area and perimeter post?

See you soon,
      Eevie 😉

• Hi Mitchell,

The blogging competition was really awesome!

Everyone did a great job in the competition and I’m sure that all the scores were really close!

I really hope that I am in Miss Jordan’s class or a class that has a blog so that next year I will still be able to leave lots of comments.

How did you go with all the commenting?

Who did you get to comment?

Did you think that the “August is family blogging month” competition is a good idea?

If you could change the August is family blogging month competition, what would it be like?

Bye,
      Eevie 😉

3. Dear 4A and 4B,
    Well done Eevie and Eli!
    It is sad that family blogging month has come to an end.
    I will still get my family to post comments on the blog though.
    Also well done to everyone else who got their family to comment on the blog over August.
    Emily

4. Hi every one,
    WELL DO FOR WINNING EEIVE! AND ALSO ELI FOR COMMING SECOND!

All the other people did a great job too 🙂

Also, thanks to Mr Roskosch for the winning prize: bocce.

Seya,
    Nellstar

5. Hi Everyone,

Congratulations Eevie! I had a strong feeling you were going to win because of your family!

Eevie and Eli are so so lucky to be cousins when family blogging month comes! I wish my cousin was in my class and she or he had a big family so I could have a chance to win! (: ):

See you soon,
    Kennedy (;

• Dear Kennedy,

I really enjoyed doing the August is family blogging month competition! I think it was great to see so many family members and friends leave comments on the blog. Everyone did a great job 🙂 !

Most of my sisters and brothers didn’t even comment! Only 4 out of 11 people in my house hold commented and the rest was my aunts, uncles, grandmas and cousins.

I guess I was pretty lucky to have a cousin in my grade, becuase if he asked a family to comment and they did, I could put it down.

Who comented for you?

Everyone did a great job in the competition!

Bye,
      Eevie 😉

6. Hi Eevie,

Congratulations on winning August is Family Blogging Month! You have been a dedicated blogger since the start of the year so it certainly is a well deserved win. How exciting to get to make a guest post for the blog. I look forward to reading it.

Do you think some of your family will keep commenting now the competition is over? Have you played bocce before? I haven’t but it looks like fun.

Best wishes,
    Mrs Morris

• Dear Mrs Morris,

Thanks for leaving a comment on our class blog!

I really liked the August is family blogging month competition! It was a great opportunity to get family members and friends to comment. I think those people will comment a lot more often.

I have no idea of what I will leave a post on! I’m actually a bit worried that I will have no post for ages, or I won’t have an idea for a very long time….but I probably will have an idea sooner or later.

I think people like my nan will still comment, my sister Tess and maybe my mum. I also think my Aunt and my cousin Eli will keep commenting.

I have played bocce before but that was a long time ago and I only remember some of the rules. When I play it tomorrow I will have to practice a lot to get better!

How do you think of and idea to write a post?

Who was your best blogger(s) last year in your class?

How is your little girl? I hope she is doing well!

Chat soon,
      Eevie 😉

• Hi Eevie,

Thanks for replying. That’s a trait of an excellent blogger!

I hope you enjoy playing bocce today. Hopefully the sun comes out soon so it’s a nice day to play outside.

Novalie is doing really well, thanks for asking. She is almost 13 months old. She’s growing up quickly!

Miss Jordan and I had some excellent bloggers in our classes. It is too hard to name just one. We even had some who made friends with teachers and students in America. It was so wonderful to see our students make their own blogging buddies!

Hmm, I am sure you will think of an idea for your guest post. There is no rush. Sometimes I have to think for a while before I get a good idea. It could be about a hobby, a holiday you’ve been on or place you have visited, or your favourite sport. It could also be instructions on how to do something or information about something. Maybe chat to your friends and family and see if they have ideas?

Keep up your excellent blogging!

Best wishes,
        Mrs Morris

• Dear Mrs Morris,

I did play bocce at the park but it got dark and mozzies kept coming outso I didn’t get to play long.

My brother was 13 months 2 days ago and he is really smart! He can stack bowls, plates and cup into a pile.

I think I have figured out for what I am leaving a post on! I haven’t started planning ot yet , but I have the idea.

Do you leave any guest posts on other blogs?

Eevie 😉

7. Dear Eevie

Congratulations Eevie on winning the family blogging month! You did a great job and dicerved it. I saw so many comments from your family. Great job!

And congratulations to Eli. You did a fantastic job to come second place. I also saw a great amount of comments from you too.

These questions are for both Eevie and Eli
    What is your favourite comment that one of your relatives left?
    Why do you like commenting on the blog?

I thought the family blogging month was a great idea. It was great to get your parents involved in our learning!

I have no idea what my favourute blog post is. They’re all really good!

Chat soon
    Anna