Welcome To The 2015 School Year!

Today is the first day of the 2015 school year at Barwon Heads Primary School in Victoria, Australia.

After nearly six weeks of summer holidays, Miss Jordan and Miss Curtain are excited to begin the school year with their new grades, 4A and 4B.

We have a lot to look forward to this year including our 1:1 iPad program, Bike Ed and our camp to Anglesea.

All of the students in 4A and 4B will learn a lot in 2015 and enjoy being part of a wonderful classroom community. This blog will be a big part of our classroom program and it is a great way for students, parents and families to reflect and share in our learning experiences.

***

Miss Jordan and Miss Curtain spent a lot of time at school during the holidays getting organised and preparing the classroom for the students. We are looking forward to a fantastic year of learning with our fabulous new students!

classroom 2

classroom

***

Leave a comment and tell us about your holidays.

What are you looking forward to in 2015?

40 thoughts on “Welcome To The 2015 School Year!

1. Hi Miss Jordan,

I hope you are having a great time at Barwon Heads Primary.

What year are you teaching for 2015?

Have a great year at Barwon Heads Primary! 🙂

Lots of wishes,

Keira.

Leopold Primary School.

• Hi Keira,

It is lovely to hear from you!

I am teaching grade four again this year. I had my first day with my new grade today and we had a wonderful start to the year.

I hope you have a great year in grade six! 🙂

Best wishes,

Miss Jordan

2. Hi everyone!

I had a great holiday who didn’t!

some of my highlights were camping and going to lunar park. I went camping at camp Hobart witch makes no sense because it’s not in Hobart! But the camp was beautiful.

I went to lunar park with my friend summer we went on all the scary rides I bought the picture of us on the scenic railway I looked petrified! I think the scissors was the scariest though it went upside down!

I had a great year with Miss Curtain and Miss Jordan and I hope you do too!

Bye!
    Hero

3. Hello new grade fours!,
    How exciting to have such wonderful teachers! And a great blog! We learnt lots about the other classes across the word that have blogs too. We got some great commenting conversations going. It was super fun.
    Bye, bye,
    Nelly 😉 🙂

• Hi Nelly,
      Thank you for leaving a comment.

I can’ t wait to start blogging. Miss Jordan has been showing us on the big board.

I am looking forward to grade four and using the iPads ( mostly blogging )

Bye,
      Charlotte

4. Hi miss Jordan
    It is an AWESOME blog!! I am excited about going on the Anglesea camp and the swimming program.
    How many years have you been teaching?

From Jarrah

• Hi Jarrah,

You are the first student in 4B this year to submit a blog comment, well done! 🙂

We are going to have a great year in grade four. The swimming program will be lots of fun and I know you will love our Anglesea camp!

I have been teaching for 11 years, it has gone by very quickly!

See you at school tomorrow,

Miss Jordan

5. Hi new grade fours,

I had loads of fun on the holidays!

Wow! You must be very excited to be a grade 4 and to have a class blog! Having a class blog is a big opportunity to have a class blog! You can do a lot of different projects.

On the holidays I went to Melbourne and stayed with my grandparents for a couple of days with my sisters. I went to a lot of different places. I had so much fun!

In 2015 I am looking forward to getting to know my teacher more.

What subject are you looking forward to the most?

Bye,
    Eevie 😉

• Dear Eevie,

Thank you for your quality comment, it is great to hear from you!

It sounds like you had a terrific holiday! We all enjoyed our break as well.

Everyone in 4B is really looking forward to using their iPads in our learning tasks.

We are going to have a great year together! We hope you enjoy grade five with your new class and new teacher.

We would love to hear from you again!

Best wishes for a great year ahead,
      Miss Jordan and 4B

6. Hi Miss Jordan and Miss Curtain,
    I had a very good holiday. I went to Princetown and went jetty jumping.
    There where so many kangaroos. Mum and I went for a walk and they jump out of nowhere. We have a fire pit it is usually gets really big. We roast a lot of marshmallows.We have a hill at the end of the property that Harry and I go down on our half scooter half bike. I am excited to be in grade four.

7. Hello miss Jordan

I’ve had a lot of fun with you and the class the first three days im excited about going to camp at Anglesea and also swimming

From Kody

8. hi miss Jordan

excited for swimming
    also looking forward to using the ipad.
    are you having fun teaching
    see you tomorrow

francis

9. Hi Miss Jordan,
    I think its was a good idea of yours to put up the blog.
    I really like it because it has a map showing how many
    people have been on the blog, and you can still get some
    astonishing numbers!

10. Hi Miss Jordan,

I think your blog is great!!!

I am happy to be apart of your class, I am also looking forward to swimming and grade 4 camp!

I am going to enjoy the gardening that we are doing.

I hope we can start using the iPads in class soon.
    From Jeremy

11. Hi Miss Jordan and Miss Curtain,
    I’m pumped to use the iPad this year. This blog should be a good way to find out whats going on.Thanks

12. Dear everyone in grade four and Miss Jordan,
    I am an old student of Miss Jordan’s from 2013. You guys are all very lucky to have her.

When I was in grade four I was taught to blog and I love it so much now that I still write comments. Although I did just check my own blog and there hadn’t been a post since this exact day last year.

I am now a grade six student still at Leopold primary school and for any of you that may know some of the teachers mine is Mr Dew. He rocks! 🙂

I hope that all you guys have a great 2015 and never want to swap teachers because thats how I felt.

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO IN 2015?

I am looking forward to meeting new people and getting homework. We have already done a passion project on our family but there is still a whole gut load to come, which I cannot wait any longer for. I am also looking forward to going to camp which is Canberra.

Well that is all from me for now and I hope that you all enjoy 2015 with Miss Jordan! 🙂

Liv

• Dear Liv,

It is so lovely to hear from you! 🙂

You definitely still remember how to write “quality comments”! I showed your comment to my new grade and they were very impressed.

It’s hard to believe you are in grade six, the time has gone very quickly! I’m sure you are enjoying being in the Melaluka Building with the other students and teachers.

I am looking forward to using the iPads with my grade. We have our swimming program for the next two weeks which will be fun and camp in term four will no doubt be a highlight!

I hope grade six continues to be a wonderful year for you! 🙂

Hope to hear from you again,
      Miss Jordan

13. Hi Miss Jordan, grade 4 is better than I thought it could be. I love my class and all the new people like Alex & Sarah .Looking forward to today.

14. hi liv,

Miss Jordan showed us the blog you sent us. you are a very good blogger but this is the first time i have blogged.

What is your favorite subject?

this year we are going to go to camp at Anglesea and next week we have a swimming program at ocean grove sports and aquatic center.

I can’t wait to have great year with miss curtain and Miss Jordan. I hope you have a great year in year 6 and hope you still will blog in year 7 and i am looking forward to seeing all the posts and blogs you do throughout the year.

from Abigail

15. Dear Miss Jordan and all my new classmates,

I have had a great first week at Barwon Heads Primary School. I really like Ms Jordan, Ms Shiels, all the other teachers and of course classmates! Everyone has been so nice and welcoming. Thanks heaps everyone! It has made changing schools so much easier for me.

I am looking forward to getting to know you all better and can’t wait to start back next week, especially because we start on the iPads!

Alex

16. Hi Mrs Shiels,
    I am very lucky to have you to help me at school.
    What do you like doing at school?
    What’s your favourite sport?
    I like to play golf on the big course.
    Alex

• Hi Alex ,
      Thankyou for your message,
      It is wonderful to have you in 4B,you are such a hard working student, you always have a go and do your best.
      At school I like working in the classroom, there is always so many fun things to do and learn.
      My favourite sports are bike riding and swimming. I like golf, my son Alex took me out to teach me how to play. I think I will need to practice a lot more before I go out on the big golf course.
      Today was the first day of the swimming program and you did a terrific job in the pool, I could see that you have done a lot of swimming. Keep up the good work Alex. Well done!

• Dear Mrs Shiells
        Thank you for your e-mail.
        I loved swimming at the pool today.
        That is great that your son plays golf.
        One day can I play golf with him?

• Dear Alex,
          I am so glad you read my reply. The end of my message did not send, so hopefully it will this time.
          It will be fun again at the pool today with your swimming teacher Robyn and your swimming buddy Bella. I have the plastic bag for you with your name on it, it says Alex Q . You will be able to put your wet bathers into it after your swimming lesson . My son Alex was at the golf course yesterday playing with his friends, they played nine holes.
          Best Regards
          Mrs Shiels

• Dear Miss Jordan and my new classmates
        I have had an awesome year with you
        I like my new class and The new students
        Alex

17. Hi miss Jordan,
    I am really happy to be in your grade your the best teacher I have had

I think Alex and Sarah will like it here

18. Dear Mrs Shiels,
    Do you like playing golf at the par 3?
    What is your favourite subject at school? My favourite thing to do at school is use my iPad in my learning tasks!
    I am very glad you come with me to swimming. I have improved at doing dolphin dives in the water.
    From Alex

19. Good afternoon everyone
    This is Alex reporting from the Octopus Group, Barwon Heads Primary School Swimming program. Today in our lesson our teacher Robyn Took Bella and I to the big pool, we did freestyle, torpedo, gliding on our back, floating on our tummy. Then we played a game, Go through the hoop. We had to torpedo and glide through the hoop, no legs no kicking. We did a really good job at the Bellarine pool. My clas teacher Miss Jordan was so happy for me swimming in the big pool, it was only my second time ever.
    I would like to hear your comments.
    This is Alex signing off from Mrs Jordan’s class blog.

20. Hi Miss Jordan,
    It has been a great few weeks so far and I have already learnt somany things it’s going to be a great year.
    I have loved doing the cafe menu reading strategy ,since we have done check for understanding and make a picture in your mind I I feel like I’m a better reader than before.

What are you looking forward to this year?

From Summer

• Hi Summer,
      I am so happy that we are in the same class this year.
      I’m looking forward to a great year .

This year I’m looking forward to grade four camp.

From Charlotte!

• Hi Charlotte,
        I’m so glad that we are in the same class to.
        What are you looking forward to this year ?
        It looks like we are going to have a great year.
        From Summer.

21. Hi Miss Jordan,

I’m really looking forward to doing writers notebook and writing entrees
    I have already got some great ideas.

I love your blog it is awesome, you are a very good blogger.

Summer

22. Hi Miss Jordan,
    I can’t wait to start writing narratives and doing writers notebook.
    I have already learnt some new things.

My favourite subject at school is writing and I really like P.E

What is your favourite subject?

From Charlotte!