Today is the first day of term two.
After a two week Easter break, we are back to start term two at Barwon Heads Primary School. Some 4B students participated in our major school fundraiser fun run, the Sheepwash Classic, on Easter Saturday. The school Easter Fair was also a popular event and some students were lucky enough to go on holidays in different parts of Australia. And of course, everyone enjoyed some yummy chocolate easter eggs over the break too!
This week we will focus on:
- Reading – inferential comprehension
- Writing – learning how to construct a good fictional narrative story
- Maths – mental strategies to solve division problems.
We have a lot to look forward to during our busy eleven week term, including:
- A new history-based inquiry topic
- Fictional narratives and information reports in writing
- Focussing on important reading strategies, including inferring, evaluating, reorganising text and questioning
- Improving our mathematical knowledge in division, fractions, decimals, money and more
- An exciting excursion to Melbourne
- The district Cross Country for selected students
- Student/Parent/Teacher interviews at the end of the term.