We have been learning about fractions in Maths.
We know that a fraction is an equal part of a whole.
Our learning has focussed on:
- Understanding numerators and denominators
- Using and understanding a fraction wall
- Identifying and naming a variety of fractions
- Putting fractions on a number line
- Comparing fractions and identifying fractions that are greater than/less than other fractions
- Recognising equivalent fractions
- Understanding mixed fractions
- Identifying fractions in a collection of objects
- Using fractions in problem solving
We have completed some great learning tasks in our fractions unit so far. Check out the slideshow below to see the 4B students in action!
This week, all students completed a homework task which involved them taking photos of fractions they see in everyday life at home. Everyone did a fantastic job! The slideshow below features some of their work!
We are looking forward to continuing our fractions knowledge as we relate fractions to decimals and percentages!