Class Presentations – Eco Warriors

Yesterday, students delivered class presentations related to our inquiry topic.

Our inquiry topic, titled Eco Warriors, focuses on being sustainable and aware of global environmental issues. To make this unit more student-directed, everyone chose their own environmental topic to study. Students have been completing tasks relating to their topic and one requirement was to prepare a class presentation as a homework task.

Students were able to choose their own format for their individual presentations. They could prepare and film their presentations at home to share on the interactive whiteboard or deliver them “live” in front of the class.

The presentation options included:

• Creating a television commercial
  • Behind The News (BTN) segment
  • Rap or song
  • News segment about how your home is environmentally friendly
  • News report about the environmental features of Barwon Heads
  • Stop motion animation
  • Oral presentation
  • Poster

Some of the environmental issues selected by the 4B students included:

• Global warming
  • Endangered animals
  • Reduce, reuse, recycle
  • Marine life
  • Great Barrier Reef
  • Deforestation
  • Renewable energy

***

All of the students did a fantastic job preparing and sharing their work! It was wonderful to see the creativity demonstrated by the students and everyone learned some interesting facts from each presentation.

***

Describe your presentation.

Is there a particular presentation that stood out for you?

What makes a good class presentation?

What did you learn from the presentations?

5 thoughts on “Class Presentations – Eco Warriors

1. To 4B,

I did a TV advertisement about zero waste and I dressed up like Zorro. The reason I dressed up as Zorro is because the name of the company we had to make up was Zorro Waste and the company’s mascot was Zorro.

One of the presentations I liked was Val’s presentation because it was different to everyone else’s. I also liked Charlottes because she got her sister included and it was like a real news report.

From Dalton

2. 4B you should be very proud of your excellent Eco warriors presentations. They are informative interesting and all the samples on Miss Jordan’s blog send clear messages about our environment. Well done you you all. Fabulous!

3. What great presentations! They are very engaging to the audience. Each persons message comes across clearly and in an entertaining way too.
    Well done all of you. I will get Rocker to watch if I can drag himself away from playing soccer with his cousin!
    Katie ( in England!!)

4. To 4B,
    I had a fun time making my project. I had made a few mistakes though. I laghed at the start two times, Because my dog was walking down the hallway, I could see her from the corner of my eye and she had a sock in her mouth. Lately, we have been dog sitting my Nans dog called Millie the is only 13 weeks old and it is a Westin. It is so small! Anyway, my dos has that sock in her mouth and she didn’t know that Millie was stalking behind her, then nacho turned around and she saw Millie. That was when Millie pounced on nacho and they started to resale. But I also was a bit caught up in my words. Back to the homework, I reckon that everyone did a marvoluss job and I am very proud. The ones that I couldn’t get my eyes off of one bit were the song\raps. Did you guys enjoy making them? Did you have any trouble and issues withmaking it? If you see this comment and have any spare time, please answer!
    from your classmate, Rachel!

5. Dear 4B,

My favourite video was the third one because it was one animal and it had lots of good work done in it.

WELL DONE!!!!
    From Alex Balwyn primary School 😀