The 2016 School Year Begins!

Today is the first day of the 2016 school year at Barwon Heads Primary School in Victoria, Australia.

After nearly six weeks of summer holidays, Miss Jordan is excited to begin the school year with her new students in her new grade 3/4C.

We have a lot to look forward to this year including our 1:1 iPad program, Bike Ed, our camps and many, many fun learning experiences!

All of the students in 3/4C will learn a lot in 2016 and enjoy being part of a wonderful classroom community. This blog will be a big part of our program and it is a great way for students, parents and families to reflect and share in our learning experiences.

***

Miss Jordan is looking forward to finding out what the 3/4C students got up to during the holidays. Miss Jordan had a great break. She spent time with friends and family, and enjoyed having the chance to relax!

Some of Miss Jordan’s highlights included Christmas with her family in Pomonal, going to the Australian Open tennis, visiting Sovereign Hill and, most importantly, becoming an aunty to beautiful little Estelle!

holiday collage

***

Miss Jordan spent a lot of time at school during the holidays getting organised and preparing the classroom for the 3/4C students.

This is what the classroom looked like at the beginning of January.

P1110220

Here is what it looks like now!

***

Leave a comment and tell us about your holidays.

What are you looking forward to in 2016?

35 thoughts on “The 2016 School Year Begins!

1. You certainly deserved a lovely break. I’m looking forward to your 2016, and what you all get up too. The class room looks ready for business,well done. Banjos Grandma.

2. Dear 3/4C
    I can’t wait till the iPads get up and running it
    will be a blast for the 3’s and the 4’s.

What a wonderful teacher Miss Jordan is you recon? And the students will find it super in this class!

From Will

3. Congratulations on becoming an Auntie Miss Jordan! What a lovely way to start a new year.

Good luck 3/4C for the coming school year. I’m looking forward to following all your great leaning on the class blog.

From Katie, Banjo R’s Mum

I am really looking forward to this year. The first day when I met you I could already tell you were a really good teacher. It seems to me you are going to make work fun.
    Congratulations on becoming an aunty.
    Bronte

5. Dear 3/4C
    What a wonderful blog, I can’t wait to see more!

On the holidays it was my 9th birthday, We had a Mexican Fiesta you should’ve come. Then we went to Lorne for Australia Day we had a Aussie breakfast D-licious!

What did you do on your holidays?

From Will

6. To 3/4C,
    What a awesome blog.l hope you had a great holiday. On the holidays I went to rhe cricket, adventure park, the movies, the beach and I spotted a lotus.
    From Mitch

7. Dear 3/4c,
    I enjoyed reading the blog post and thought it was interesting.
    On the holidays I enjoyed holding my new baby cousin,hanging out with my family and going to
    fun places with my cousins.

This year I am looking forward to bike ed and learning more things.

From Ruby

8. Dear miss Jordan,
    I really love your blog.I had a grate holiday I saw my dad
    Because he still lives in Vietnam ,I all so went camping at victor harbour we drove ther with 3 stops .I saw my cousin I haven’t seen her in 4yearsi all so saw my pop that lives in Queensland.And just to top it of I went to supa tramp
    From Bronte

9. Dear mis Jordan,
    I raelly loved reading your great and interesting blog on the weekend. It was great reading the comments from your old grade and hearing what it’s like to be in your class.
    On the holidays I really enjoyed going to the twilight festival at Melbourne zoo for saving extinction.
    I hope you had a great holiday break.
    From Chloe!

10. Dear 3/4c

I really liked your blog Miss Jordan and I’m looking forward to more posts!

On the holidays I enjoyed going to Kooyoung and going camping also playing sport!

This year I’m looking forward to the 1:1 iPad program and camp plus all the learning.

I have a question when are the grade fours going to camp?
    From Calum.

11. Dear 3/4C
    I’m really excited to go on being a grade four with the grade threes. Having this experience will definitely help me build up my friend ship group, Miss Jorden is very lucky to have us as her class this year.

I’m looking forward to the iPad program, and making new friends.
    From Jasmine

12. Dear miss Jordan, who
    Great post miss Jordan how exiting about the baby, great name it sounds like a awesome holiday.
    I had a great holiday to,I went to Coffs Harbour and camped there and then I drove to a place called Hubert beach and there we went to a
    waterfall and jumped off it.IT WAS SO FUN!

13. Dear 3/4c,
    I really loved reading this blog.I wish
    everyone in the class had a good holiday.

In the holiday I went to sups tramp .It was cool.

I also went surfing .I can stand up on the surboard

From Bruno

14. ᴅᴇᴀʀ 3/4 ᴇɴᴊᴏʏᴇᴅ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʟᴏɢ ᴘᴏsᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ɢᴀssᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇɪɴɢ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ʜᴏʟɪᴅᴀʏ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍɪss ᴊᴏʀᴅᴀɴ ᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴʟʏ ʜᴀᴅ ᴀ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ʜᴏʟɪᴅᴀʏ.ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏʟɪᴅᴀʏs ɪ ᴡᴇɴᴛ ʜᴏʀsᴇ ʀɪᴅɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴍʏ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ.ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴀʟsᴏ ᴡᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs ʜᴏᴜsᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ sʟɪᴅᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴘᴏᴏʟ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ sʟɪᴅᴇ ɪs ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ғᴜɴ. ɪɴ 2016 ɪ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ғᴏʀᴡᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ɴᴇᴡ ᴄʟᴀss ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍɪss ᴊᴏʀᴅᴀɴ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴍᴏʟʟʏ

15. Dear 3/4c
    I hope every one in the class loved reading that post l certainly did. This year l can’t wait to go on grade 3 camp. I am also exited to be working with diffirent and older people.

On the holidays I went on a road trip all the way to the Gold Coast and back. My favourite ride at Dream World was the giant drop.

Sincerely yours Banjo R

16. Dear 3/4C,
    I really liked reading the blog post.
    I spent some time camping with my family on kangaroo island.
    The highlight of it was catching a fish with a fishing rod I made myself.
    I also liked playing tennis with my family.
    It was Daisy’s birthday in January.
    I’m so happy that you’re my teacher.
    From Monty.

17. Dear 3/4C

I hope everyone has had fun on their holidays and is happy.

On the holidays I had lots of fun for example I went to Port Campbell with my friend Mika we did lots of stuff at Port Campbell. The ice cream there was delicious.

From Valla

18. Dear miss Jordan,
    I am really excited that I have come back from my holiday’s l had really missed school. I had a lot of fun on the holidays some things that I did was camping going over seas and much more I have had a great time I can not wait for school.
    From Leni

19. Hi 3/4C,
    I raelly enjoyed reading your blog so far.
    I can’t wait to start the year too.
    On the holidays I went to the cinemas to see the good dinosaur. I also went to my Auntys and Uncles and swimming in their pool.
    I hope you had a good time on the holidays

20. Dear miss Jordan,
    I really enjoyed reading the blog .On the holiday
    I went to bright with my uncle,auntie,my two cosines and my nan and pa.My favourite part was going to the ice cream shop and going to the pool . I am really excited about this year and doing maths and writing with you.
    From Kyan

21. Dear miss Jordan,
    My favourite activity was bowling.
    The first round was awesome hilarious,
    Beascause of my cousin Charlie, and she is only 2. I was just 9 pins away from winning and I had to get a strike to win I thought I couldn’t do it, so I let Charlie do it on the stool that you push the bowling ball on. And something unexpected happened she actually got a strike. Everyone started celebrating and when we got home we went in my sick as pool and it was amazing, how was your holiday sincerely Joshua. M

22. Dear Miss Jorden,

I have loved reading your blog so far.

On the holidays I enjoyed going to Cirque Africa. Cirque Africa is the the best show from Africa and is an African circus, I really like the hoola hoop act although the contortions were extremely impressive.

I’m looking forward to grade 3 camp and bike ed.

From Asha

23. Dear 34/c
    I enjoy reading your blog post I hope everyone had a great holiday, I know I did. I’m looking forward to grade 3 camp and also working with the grade 4s like.congragulations on being an Aunty Miss Jordan

From Ellisse

24. Dear miss Jordan,
    I really injoyd doing the pastal portraits I cant wait to see what where doing next.
    And l really injoyd doing independent reading

Love Kayla Bronte

25. Hi 3/4c!

Hope every one is enjoying there new class. well of course I have. I came to tall you have fun with Miss Jordan. She is such a lovely teacher you should be proud of that.
    There’s lots of fun things in Miss Jordan’s class to do.

Grade fours how are your iPads going? Grade threes how are you going? Don’t worrier grade threes you’ll get iPads next year how exciting

26. Dear 3/4C
    I am really enjoying the Writers Notebook program it’s lots of excitement and we aren’t struggling to have a go.
    we are doing our entries and its fun and joy I’m love this Year!

From Will

27. Dear Will,
    You are so right this class this year is going to have a blast. I sure everyone will have a great time.

From Jasmine

28. Dear 3/4C
    I really liked Molly’s she put so much effort into her writing I loved her word choice and it felt like I was there! I adored how she Organised it.

From Will

29. Dear 3/4C
    I really like doing poetry my favorite type of poem is the diamantae it sounds like die a Monty it’s funny. I’m really liking this years poetry I think I’m really good at writing poetry.
    From Will