Pastel Portraits!

This week, the students in 3/4C showed off their artistic skills by creating pastel portraits of themselves.

Pastels are a great medium to use and the students experimented with different techniques in their portraits. The rich colours that pastels produce can make your artwork vibrant and really eye-catching.

https://pixabay.com/static/uploads/photo/2013/11/17/20/56/pastels-212303_960_720.jpg

The aim of the task was for students to completely cover their piece of paper in colour and to create a portrait that represented themselves.

All students demonstrated persistence and confidence when creating their masterpieces. It was not an easy task, but the results are fantastic! They are now displayed in our classroom and they really brighten up our learning space!

Here are 3/4C’s pastel portraits!

***

What do you think of our pastel portraits?

What art activities do you enjoy?

21 thoughts on “Pastel Portraits!

1. The portraits are so individual,and to fill the whole page is tricky without smudging the subject. I’m very impressed, and yes it will make a new class room look interesting. Well done. Pastels are a difficult medium but you have all done a great job. Banjos Grandma

• Dear Maggie,
      Thank you for commenting on our blog, we really appreciate the time you are taking to leave us comments!
      The pastel portraits certainly look really good up on display in our room. You’re right, it was tricky to use the pastels without smudging our work but we showed persistence and confidence when completing the portraits.
      From Miss Jordan and 3/4C

2. Love them all! Well done 3/4C. Banjo and I looked at them all together, I had to guess which one I thought was his. We also got his brother Rocker’s out ( he did one last year) to compare the two and had a giggle about them both.
    What I love best about them is that there is no white page showing!!!!! Happy colours!
    Katie Ramage

• Hi Katie,
      Thanks for leaving a coment about our pastel portraits.I love them all too because there so brightly coloured and everyone has their own individual style of a face.
      From Chloe

3. Dear 3/4C
    I hope everyone had a great first week at school! I know I did but it was tiring!
    I really enjoyed doing pastel portraits and all the technology and all of the sport!
    THANK YOU MISS JORDAN!
    From Calum.

4. Dear 3/4C,
    I really enjoyed the pastel portraits they were quite difficult but fun at the same time we all showed Persistent and confidence. I could do it again in a heartbeat.

From Jasmine

5. Dear 3/4c,
    The pastel portraits were fun to do but hard because the pastels were big and thick and it was hard to get into small spaces. But they definitely stand out in our classroom. They brighten up the room and look great laminated. They were hard work and we put lots of effort into them. From Charlotte.

6. Dear 3/4c,
    I hope everyone had a great time doing the pastel portraits during the first week back at school. I think that all of the bright colours look fantastic together and It looks like everyone spent hours and hours colouring in all of the gaps and trying their hardest to make the pictures look amazing.

7. Hello 3/4c,
    Having a nice weekend? Swimming next week! Just wanting to ask if wear our bathers underneath our uinourform or bring It in a bag? If anyone does please reply.
    Best wishes,
    Charlotte×××××

8. Dear 3/4c,
    I think we should start a new blog this week on swimming. Don’t you think???!!! I love the blog. Wonder what it will look like on the next one?? Looking forward to seeing it.
    Best wishes
    Charlotte×××××××

9. I just viewed your portraits and what fine portraits they are!!! I think my students might enjoy a go at pastel drawings. I particularly liked the background of each drawing. It was as if they were standing in front of their own flags. Snazzy!

10. Dear 3/4C
    I really enjoyed the pastel portraits they all look so good I’m sure we all did all best work because they are incredible. I had so much fun and I was very patient. I am so proud of myself and you all should be to.

From Jasmine

11. Dear 3/4.c
    I really in joyed doing our pastill portrets
    I hope we do it agen soon.it was hard not to smug because the pastill’s where so thick
    But it was still fun. I liked it because we got to be creativ and have fun.if we do it agen I won’t be able to wate till we do the pastill portrtrit’s.
    By Kayla

12. Dear 3/4C,

I loved making the pastel portraits because l loved using the fluroe pastels for the backround and sketching the face with grey lead. I think that they all look really good up on the wall.

From Ruby

13. Dear 3/4C
    I loved the colourful colours you put on your portraits. I love drawing and doing some portraits of myself as well.

From: salome