Inquiry Update

This term, we are studying two inquiry topics.

• Grade three students have been learning all about the history and geography of our beautiful town, Barwon Heads.
  • Grade four students have been focussing on the indigenous Australians, life in Britain in the eighteenth century and European settlement in our country.

***

Last week, students delivered class presentations related to our inquiry topics. Students prepared their information and slideshows as a homework task and Miss Jordan was impressed and proud of all students. Everyone did a fantastic job sharing their knowledge with the class!

***

How did you find the experience of delivering a class presentation?

What are your presentation strengths? What would you like to work on?

What did you learn while preparing your presentation?

What did you learn from your classmates’ presentations?

17 thoughts on “Inquiry Update

1. Dear 3/4C,
    I enjoyed doing our presentations very much. I loved listening to them all because each one was interesting and unique. My presentation strength was probably the design. I think i need to work on my eye contact next time. Well done everyone!
    Charlotte.

• Hello charlotte,
      We argree that all of the presentations were great. We think that we also need to work on eye contact. We really enjoyed all the presentations.
      From Jas and Meg

• Charlotte l enjoyed the fabulous presentation very much they all have lots of facts I think you guys could go on the tv for presentations from Leni
      (Ps you guys are the best at doing presentations)

2. Hi 3/4c,
    I was extremely busy last week!
    Mine went for about 1 1/2 mins.
    I had to do mine about indigenous Australians. We also had to do a google sheet. The 4 colours were name, topic, interesting and question. ????????
    From Capable Calum!

• Dear Capable Calum,
      Your presentation about indigenous Australians was amazing.
      You liked mine (of course).
      Thanks for the cool facts!
      From Marvellous Monty

3. To 3/4C,
    My presentation was about the first Australian animals. I learnt heaps of facts off the other presentations. I thought I should of done more eye contact. I practoced about once I thought I should of practiced more. And I would of down better.
    From Mitch

4. Dear 3/4C
    I really enjoyed watching and learning everything about people’s presentations. We had to do a google sheets of what it was called Someone interesting and a question. Mine was about What life was like in 18th century Britain. I really liked the topics everyone chose for the presentations. I liked learning about the grade 3’s Barwon Heads Topic. Good luck for the results on compass everyone!

From Will

5. I am a teacher in Califirnia and we are setting up a class blog. We looked at yours and I am very impressed with your work and your blogging! Thanks for sharing . We got some really good ideas.

• Hi Dr pulido
      How is your blog going.
      We happy they we are getting amazing comments of teachers like you visit our blog it would be amazing if when you have finished you blog if you can give us the link to your blog and maybe we can write you a comment
      From Elisse in miss Jordan’s class.

• Dear Dr. Pulido,
      How is your blog going?
      I bet it will be great!
      I think that ours is great. What grade do you teach?
      From Monty

6. Dear 3/4C
    I enjoy doing my presentation and listening to all of your’s very much I love listening to them because they were interesting and unique I learned lots My presentation strength was probably the design
    You all did great
    Well done 3/4C

7. Dear 3/4C,
    The presentations were amazing. It was hard work for me and Khy but we got it done in the end. Everyone spoke clearly. Khy’s was the best because we got to watch a video. Everybody else’s was good. My presentation was about the marine life and Khy’s was about the bluff. Everybody did a good job. Charlotte did the Same as me but that’s all right. The grade 4s did presentations about the Australian history. The grade 4s spoke loudly and clearly with all the construction behind our classroom, it was loud. We all had lot’s of data in are presontations, also facts. It was one of the best homework tasks all thanks to miss Jordan the super star.

From Bruno and Khy

8. Dear Miss Jordan and 3/4C,
    My presentation strengths are probably presentation and decorations because I take about three quarters of the time just changing the thymes to the right one and getting a good set-out.
    I would like to work on making my voice louder because some people don’t pay attention and I atleast want them to hear what I’m saying.
    I leant while preparing my presentation how many times it was modified, when it was first built and how many times it was widened.
    I leant a lot while I was listening I don’t know what to say.
    From your bunny loving student Asha!

From Bruno and Khy

10. Dear 3/4c I enjoy doing poetry its fun
    uspesharele the writing oun that’s my
    favourite I’m glad miss Jordan pict this
    topic