We Love Library!

Each Monday, 3/4C visits the library for a half hour session.

Ms Browne is our librarian and she selects great books for us to read together each week.

P1110732

In recent weeks, we have been reading the picture books nominated for the Children’s Book Council of Australia.

CBCAEach year, the CBCA shortlists books in a variety of categories. We read the books in the ‘Early Childhood’ and  ‘Picture Book of the Year’ categories.

Early Childhood Books

Picture Books

During Book Week later in the term, each BHPS student will vote for their favourite CBCA shortlisted book and we will compare our results with the official Book Of The Year awards.

***

After reading a book together in library sessions, students spend time browsing and borrowing books.

***

What do you enjoy about our library sessions?

Which books do you like to borrow from the library?

10 thoughts on “We Love Library!

1. Dear 3/4c

I am really excited for the dress up parade I think it is going to be great and the costumes will look amazing.

I am also exited for the Australian short listed books and to see how wins.

From Banjo R

I really enjoy going to the library I think it is likes never ending world it is full of books, books and even more books. A books light up the world.

I like to borrow series of squishy Taylor. Once I almost bursted out laughing in one of the books during independent reading but I didn’t so I was quite lucky.

From Jasmine

3. Dear 3/4C
    I’m having a wonderful time with Miss King, I like library because there’s lots of interesting books to choose from. My favorite series is Geronimo Stiltion, he has adventures and writes books about them. Though I like all of the other books as well.

4. Dear 3/4C,
    I love library sessions. I enjoy listening to the book Miss King and Miss Jordan read to us. My most favourite one was One Step At A Time. I loved the illustrations too. I like borrowing chapter books from the library like The one and Only Ivan.
    From Charlotte.

5. To 3/4C,
    I enjoy at the library when we read the book at the start of the session. At library I like borrowing specky magee books because they are about footy.
    From Mitch

6. Dear miss Jordan,
    I mostly enjoy miss king reading the book to the class.

And my favourite book to by from the library are
    1. Go girls
    2. Uh do weird do
    3. And diary of a wimpy kid.

By Kayla booth

7. Dear 3/4c I love library and reading and
    I might vote for my dead bunny or piranhas don’t eat bananas and I don’t like people who don’t take care of the books
    From Lachie

8. Dear miss Jordan
    I Love library because we get to learn new books ever week and some times we get two
    If we are lucky

9. Dear miss Jordan
    I love the library it is full of magic to me because it has so meny books. I am so excited to have this library because of our fab librarian Mrs brown she so nice
    The books I like are Tom gates, Anh do weir do, dork diaries and the Harry Potter series I have so much fun at the library. All the books at the library are interesting

10. Dear 3/4C,
    I can’t wait until book week whitch is ages away. Proberly the dressing up is different characters from over story’s.

I can’t wait to see everyone else’s costumes. I think it’s going to be fantastic dressing up going to school. Sounds a bit ridiculous, but it will still be fun.

From Bruno