Term Four Begins!

We are back from our holidays and we are ready for our final term of 2016!

It was great to hear about everyone’s holiday adventures and the students enjoyed sharing their highlights from the past two weeks.

To reflect on their holidays, students wrote in their gratitude journals.

We learnt about gratitude during The Resilience Project presentation a few weeks ago. Martin Heppell explained the importance of gratitude. Gratitude is also part of our Positive Education program at BHPS.

gratitude-journals

Gratitude is defined as the quality of being thankful, readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.

Students started their gratitude journals at the end of last term. Each day, students record three things they are grateful for. Today, students wrote about what they are grateful for from their holidays.

p1120296 p1120297

***

How did you display gratitude on the holidays?

Why is gratitude important?

9 thoughts on “Term Four Begins!

1. Dear 3/4C,
    Gratitude is important because if your mum makes a dinner and you shout out yuck your not showing gratitude witch is bad.

Here are three things I’m was grateful for on the holidays.

I’m grateful to have a B.M.W to go stunting.
    I’m grateful to have Melbourne to watch footy games.
    I’m grateful to have a family that loves and cares about me.

By Bruno

2. Dear 3/4C
    My holidays were fantastic even though I was sick most of the time,I was grateful that I got to go bowling with my family and my giunea pigs had babies

3. Dear 3/ 4C,
    How did you display gratitude on the holidays? I displayed grattitude on the holidays by thanking my dad because he got me new Nike SB skate shoes. Why is gratitude important? Well, grattitude is important because if people don’t thank someone, you might never return the favour. My favourite part of the holidays was seeing Patty Dangerfield win the Brownlow. I’m happy and grateful that bulldogs won the grand final.
    ᗷY ᗯOᑎᗪEᖇᖴᑌᒪ ᗯIᒪᒪ

4. Dear 3/4C,
    On the holidays I am grateful for being able to go bowling, to be able to go swimming and to be able to spend time with my cousins.

I think gratitude is important because if you show you are grateful it makes lots of people happy and when you don’t show it they don’t think you are grateful so then they aren’t happy.
    From Ruby

5. I like to see all of my friends that are best friend
    And all off the excursions like sand dunes activities and Scienceworks .
    I am glad to see my teacher

6. Dear miss Jordan,
    I showed gratitude on the holidays by saying useing my manners by saying thank you. I think gratitude is important because we have so much to thank for and it’s good to say thank you.

Dear miss Jordan,
    I was showing gratitude when I received a gold medal during my cheer competition.

From Charli and Tilly

7. Dear 3/4c,
    On my holidays I showed gratitude when my Auntys gave me presents. So I showed it by giving them a big hug and showed I liked the gift. I think that gratitude is important because it makes you a better person.

8. Dear Miss Jordon
    I displayed gratuide on the holidays because I was grateful for what I had and that I can live in a house because some live on a street and can’t go places.
    Gratitude is important because if you are not grateful for any thing you won’t have any friends or your family won’t visit you that much

FROM KYAN