Camp Wilkin Adventures!

We have just had a fantastic three days at our

grade-4-camp

On Monday 31st October, we boarded the bus, full of excitement about what was ahead. We soon arrived at Camp Wilkin in Anglesea on the Great Ocean Road.

P1090082

Anglesea is a coastal town, with a population of about 3500. It is a very popular tourist destination, particularly in summer as there are beaches and other outdoor recreational activities to be enjoyed.

Here is the route we took from Barwon Heads to Anglesea.

BHPS to Camp Wilkin

***

Everyone enjoyed staying in the camp cabins and meal times in the dining hall were lots of fun. There were many on-site activities at camp which provided fun and memorable experiences for all students.

***

We had eight fun and challenging rotations to complete:

• Rock climbing wall
  • Initiatives
  • Leap of Faith
  • Bike riding
  • Archery
  • Flying Fox
  • Low Ropes Course
  • Orienteering.

The Leap of Faith is a very popular activity at Camp Wilkin and is a highlight for most students! The Leap of Faith involves climbing up a 7.6 metre pole while harnessed, arriving at a small platform and jumping to reach a red buoy. It certainly gets the adrenaline pumping!

Some of our other activities included:

• Night walk
  • Disco
  • Building sand castles at the beach
  • Basketball, volleyball and soccer games
  • Free time on the playground, trampoline and chess board
  • Playing in the games room
  • Observing the many kangaroos that frequent Camp Wilkin at all times of the day!

***

Here is a video containing a selection of photos from Camp Wilkin. Enjoy!

***

We had a wonderful time on camp and enjoyed all of the new experiences!

dsc04459

A very BIG thank you to our terrific helpers, Mr Haslam, Miss Campbell, Miss King, Sheridan and Mel!

What did you enjoy most about our Anglesea camp?

What was your favourite rotation activity?

Did you succeed in overcoming any challenges while on camp?

Have you ever been on a school camp before?

If you could go on a school camp somewhere, where would you like to go?

29 thoughts on “Camp Wilkin Adventures!

1. Dear Grade 3S,
    Camp Wilkin was amazing because it had so much entertainment and because it was a challenge in some ways. The thing I enjoyed most about Camp Wilkin was the Leap of Faith and the Rock Climbing.

I succeed in jumping off the leap of faith and completing all of the rock Climbing. I’ve also been on one other school camp because grade 2 was more of a sleepover than a camp.

And if I got to choose where our school camp would be would be somewhere overseas because I can learn what they eat and what there hobbies are.

From Calum.

2. Dear 3/4c

I hope all of the you grade 4s had a great time at camp Wilkin the grade threes sertently had a terrific time at our camp.

All the activities that you did at camp Wilkin were very similar to the activities that I did at the grade three camp. All the activities that you did looked very fun and exciting especially the leap of faith and the flying fox I can not wait until next year when me and the other grade threes get to go to camp Wilkin.

I bet all the grade 4s really appreciate all the teachers that organised the camp and all the teachers and helpers that went on the camp.

From Banjo R

3. Dear miss Jordan,
    This camp was by far the best camp I’ve been on so far in primary school but that might change next year,
    My favourite activitie was the leap of faith because it was challenging not simple.
    By Banjo P.S

4. Dear 3/4c,
    Camp Wilkin you went to looked like so much fun! I’m a bit jealous you got to go to such a great camp. Still, I can’t wait to go next year!

I think the thing from all the photos I am must looking forward to doing is the Leap of Faith. It looks the most challenging and exciting. I do hope to touch the boy when I get to do it next year. Well done to everyone who had a go at doing it and tried.

The school camp all the grade threes went to was fun too, but we didn’t get the kangaroos at that camp to come as close as the ones you saw. I hope we see joeys too.

Sounds like a great camp. Can’t wait to experience it next year!
    From, Charlotte.

• Dear Charlotte,
      You should be excited for camp it is wonderful and experience, the leap of faith is 8 meters high it is so scary unfortunately I was unable to jump because the man pulled me of and I was just a butterfly floating down to the ground and when you do it next year don’t back out even though I doubt you would cause if you don’t you will regret it it is incredible

From Jasmine

5. Dear 3/4C
    I didn’t get to go to grade for camp because I was at Phillip island, if I was there I would enjoy the leap of faith. And also if I went my favourite rotation activity would be archery because it’s very simple to learn and fun. I have been on grade two and three camp at Queenscliff and Coastal Forest lodge they were really fun my favourite would be grade three camp.

I would like to go on a school camp to Melbourne because it’s very attractive and there’s lots and lots of places to eat drink and way more. Some of the activities and rotations at camp looked really good I wish that I was ere to see it. Here are some questions about grade four camp to the grade fours that when to Angelsea camp.

What did you have for dinner, lunch and breakfast from all of the days at Angelsea Camp? Did you have lunch, dinner or breakfast duty like grade three camp at Anglsea? How many people do you think touched the orange buoy? And how far did the grade fours go bike riding at Anglsea camp? I hope you all had a great time at Anglsea camp like I did in Phillip Island. ☀️☔️
    From Wonderful Will

Oh my gosh I had so much fun on camp I would do it again in a heartbeat, that was the best camp I had ever been on.

My favourite part about camp was the disco because it was so much fun and me and my friends were being crazy and we thought the disco was amazing and also spending time with my friends and also all the activities we got to do ( they were so much fun ) it was so nice to see Miss King again because I had missed her so much and it was really nice of her to come to our camp.

My favourite activity was the flying fox because when I reached the end I felt like the queen being pulled by a royal guards back to the kingdom and also because it was a lot of fun.

I have never been on a camp before but this was an amazing camp and I don’t think any camp and where could get much better then that camp.

If I got the chance I would definitely go back to the very same camp.

By Molly

• Dear Molly,
      Glad you enjoyed camp. It sounded like it was fun. I didn’t know that was your first ever camp. The flying fox sounds fun. I wish I went to camp now.
      Your friendly friend / classmate Meg

7. To 3/4C,
    I enjoyed everything we did at the camp.
    There was nothing bad it was all good.
    My favourite activity was the leap of faith it was fun. I touched the bouy. The leap of faith was 7.6m high.

I accomplished my challenge by getting up all the rock climbing walls also touching the bouy on the leap of faith. I have gone on three school camps I went on cottage by the sea in grade two costal Forrest lodge in grade three and camp wilkin in grade four.

The other school camp I will go to is grade six camp in Melbourne it looks like fun my brother went this year. You go to heaps of places in camp.

From Mitch

8. Dear 3/4C,

It looked so cool on the pictures in camp Wilkin. I think the favourite thing when I go is probably the keep of fail.

On grade three camp that was my first school camp. My favourite activity was stick hut building, but the branch that we put are sticks on snapped.

If I would go on school camp I would like to go Florida, USA. It would be awesome flying first class there. It would be awesome to do it but it won’t.

From Bruno

9. Dear Miss Jordon
    I think you,Miss king and the grade fours had a good time at camp Wilkan.When I go to this camp next year I think it will be very very very fun.The leap of faith sounds like a lot of fun.

I can’t wait to go to this camp next year

From Kyan

10. To Miss Jordan,
    My favourite activity was the leap of faith. On the leap of faith you have to climb and then ether sit step or jump off a off a small platform and try to touch a orange boy.
    This is my third camp. The first camp I went on in year three was to cape Bridgewater in Portland. Second camp I went on was in year four was to a camp called camp Sunnystones and this is my third camp.
    If I could go to school camp somewhere I would go to Melbourne. I would go to Melbourne because there are lots to do and see.
    The thing I enjoyed most was the kangaroos. I enjoyed watching them playing and one even gave it’s mother a hug!
    From Tilly

11. Hi Miss Jordan,
    It looks like the grade fours had a magnificent
    time at Camp Wilkin and I hope Miss King, Miss Jordan, Mr Haslam, Sheridan and Mel did too.

On grade three camp we did Archery aswell and it was my fluorite rotation. I bet it will be up there next year.

The leap of faith sounds like it’s always been a favourite of them all. I’m looking forward to it next year and hope I touch the boy.

Bunny loving Asha

12. Dear grade 4s,
    I hope you all had an amazing time at camp wilkin and really enjoyed doing all of the remarkable activities, it must of taken a lot of courage.

Being back at school just wasn’t the same without you all and was very different on many levels, in the good way though. One half of the class went into mr B’s class and the other half went into mrs Kebells class, I was in mrs kebells though. We were writing letters to pen palls in Steam boat springs ( America ) well mrs kebells class was actually and we got to choose who we were writing to and it was soooooooooooooooooo fun.

I’ve got a few questions for all of you that I would love you to answer so: 1.what was your favorite part of camp? 2. Were the meals good at camp ? 3. Who was in your cabin ? 4. Did you have a good time at camp wilkin?

From Chloe

• Dear Chloe,
      We had a great time at camp but it seems you had an amazing time yourself!! And we would be delighted to answer your questions.

My favourite part about camp was the maybe the flying fox because it was soooooooo much fun and at the end when the two people would pull you back to the other end it made you feel like a royal person.

The meals were amazing they so good there are no words in the world to describe them, trust me when you go to camp your mouths are going to water they are so yum.

I had Valla, Tilly, Zara, Kayla and myself it was a great cabin!!!

And of corse I had great time and camp and you will too.

From Molly

• Dear Chloe,
      You are so right the activitys do look fun and are lots of fun, I will answer a few of those questions for you.
      A1: well Chloe most of everyone’s favorite bit was the leap of faith but as Tilly said the kangaroos are lovely and the flying fox and, ok I just stop there but you will love it.
      A2: The meals were delicious on I think the first night we had chocolate moose for dessert and for dinner we had some homemade fish and chips and the chef is so kind there was a girl named Indi who was gluten free and he made her a special dessert just for her.
      A3: Well the cabins are really nice next year try and be the first person in the cabin if you want a double bed good luck next year.
      From Jasmine

13. Dear 3/4C,
    It sounds like you had so much fun at camp Wilkin in Anglesea. Now I can’t wait for grade 4 camp. You probably had a really busy 3 days and you are probably really tired.

I’m looking forward to doing the Leap of Faith, Flying Fox, Ropes course and Rock Climbing. They sound like most peoples highlights.

From Ruby

14. Hi 3/4c camp was amazing educational and just awesome, some of the activetes were pretty scary. The leap of faith is the most scary it is only 7.6 meters, but when your up there it feels a lot higher and I meen a lot.

Orienteering which I can never pronounce propely was fun we had to go where some little coler things are and we have to crack a code which was extremely fun.

It was certainly the best camp I have ever been on.
    I would like to thank all the teachers and parents for oganising this fun event
    Well done the teachers.
    From Josh

15. Dear MIss Jordon
    I hope the grade 4’s had a fabulous time at camp Wilkin.
    The activities were furmiler to the activities that we did at grade 3 camp.I bet the breakfast,lunch and dinner was delicious.O bet the grade four camp was better then the grade three camp because it sounds like the most popular activity there was on the camp.i wonder what it was like,well I’ll find out next year.I have got millions of questions to ask the grade fours.The game room sounds like a lot of fun.

I bet all the grade fours were so exited to arrive at camp but very sad to leave the most exiting place.

From Kyan

16. Dear grade 4’s,
    My favourite part of grade three camp was cooking damper, it was delicious and so much fun. Next time I go camping I’m going to make damper for sure.

I also enjoyed dinner duty because having dinner at camp is so different from having it at home, and it was like working in a restaurant.

I can’t wait for grade four camp because of the leap of faith, it looks so fun. It looks like the grade fours had a good time too.

From Bronte⛺️

17. Dear chocolatte,

Camp was amazing and you will love it I berly wanted to leave that it was sooooooo fun.

Our first actuvety was to find out our caubens and our group I was is grope 4 then my group went to orienteering thene flieing fox thene bike riding I was sacarated thene the leap of fathe I touched it both times it was really fun thene we went to the low rops and last but not least we went to achere I almost got it in the middle,

I bet your wondering what the food was like well the first night we had tacos and the secedend night we had a roast. Every morning we had cereal and 2 pecec of toast. For lunch we had 1 a roll and 2 a bubicue.

On the thered day we had to leave we got an hour to play and say goodbye to the camp leaders but I was happy to see my family and my friends.

~Kayla

18. Hi grade 4s,
    The route you took to camp wilikin looks like a very long time to be sitting on the bus. How long did it really take? I estimate 1 and a 1/2 hours. What activities did you do? When the grade 3s went on camp we did 8 plus a bonus 6.
    ~ Ruby

19. Dear grade 4s,
    It looks like none of you have missed school while you were on camp. The minute I looked at all of those outstandingly fun pictures I wished I was at camp too and I wished I was doing the leap of faith because you all said it was one of your highlights.

I can’t imagine how many breathtaking activities you would of done along with all of the amazing sights you would of seen. The disco definitely seems like something I would fancy and the lo ropes course would be one of my favorites as well.

At grade three camp we also went on a night walk just like all of you and I really loved hearing all of the animal noises along with seeing all of the gleaming lights flashing about ( witch of course was the torches ). I also loved making damper at grade three camp and I got mind cooked really well so it was delicious, I put sooooooooooooooooooo much butter inside mine.

I heard that the food on grade four camp was pretty good as well as the deserts witch was the same on grade three camp because one night I even had seconds.

I hope you all had a great time at grade four camp and I can’t wait to go there next year. From Chloe

20. Dear grade 4s,
    I hope you all had an amazing time at camp wilkin and really enjoyed doing all of the remarkable activities, it must of taken a lot courage.

Being at school is just not the same without you all at so many levels in a good way though one half went to Mrs kebbells and the other half went to Mr B’s and the other went to Mrs kebble
    From Elisse