Positive Education – Self Belief

Our character strength focus for this week is SELF BELIEF.

Self belief is about having an inner confidence that allows people to understand their purpose and realise that their beliefs shape their actions.  Self-esteem is similar to self belief. This is how we value ourselves; it is how we perceive our value to the world and how valuable we think we are to others.

The clip below, titled The Lego Story, demonstrates self belief. As you watch, consider how the the characters display self belief. Enjoy!

***

How is self belief demonstrated in The Lego Story?

When have you demonstrated self belief in your own life?

7 thoughts on “Positive Education – Self Belief

1. Goodness what a great story. Who knows what potential, you all have for the future.
    Self belief , confidence, and a great idea can make any of you business people of the future.
    Grandma Maggie, Come on Banjo R think of all your scientific investigations, and experiments you did with Grandad.

2. Hi 3/4C,
    Self-Belief is one of the most important character strengths because if you don’t have self belief you can’t really do things successfully. A time I have had to demonstrate self belief was last weekend in the Geelong tornaument for basketball I had to believe in myself that we could win, in the end the results were great because we had won all of our games.

From Calum!
    P.S can you please share a moment when you had to demonstrate self belief.
    From Calum!

3. To 3/4C,
    I didn’t watch the video but It was probably good.

I have demonstrated self belief a lot.
    In footy I believed in myself to kick the Goal.
    Also in cricket to get so,done out and I got them out.

Fom MITCH⭐️⭐️

4. Dear 3/4C
    A time when I have demonstrated self belief is when I played my first Bellarine Storm Basketball Game. I used self belief to get my first goal and I was really happy with myself.
    By Will (The Lego Story video didnt come up for me so I couldn’t do it)

5. Dear 3/4C,
    I think I need to work on my self belief a little bit as I can be a bit negative about myself sometimes.

I think I have denomstrated self belief the night before I competed in the 800 m race. I inked you can do it all over my diary even!
    From Charlotte.

6. Self belief! cool what is self belief whel Marli self belief is sumthing that you what to be like
    Spider man or superman but ther not real
    but uther people think ther are real