2017 Athletics Carnival

Today was the annual Barwon Heads Primary School House Athletics Carnival.

All the students from grades three to six participated in eight events at Landy Field:

• 100 metre sprint
  • 200 metre run
  • Hurdles
  • Triple jump
  • Long jump
  • High jump
  • Shot put
  • Discus

Some students also chose to participate in the challenging 800 metre run.

Mrs Morris enjoyed taking the 200 metre event while Miss Jordan was at a meeting. It was fantastic to see students trying their best with running, jumping and throwing on a mild winter’s day.

Here are some photos of some of the 3/4C students.

As well as trying to achieve their own personal bests, students competed to earn points for their house. The results of the day were as follows:

1st Saturn

2nd Mercury

3rd Jupiter

4th Neptune

Thank you to Mrs Kneebone for organising the day, and all the parents and teachers who assisted with events.

What was your favourite event at the athletics carnival?

Which character strengths did you demonstrate?

21 thoughts on “2017 Athletics Carnival

1. Hi 3/4c,and miss Jordan
    I really enjoyed the atehletics at Landy Field.
    My favourite agent was the 100metre sprint because I came 1st the character strengths I demonstrated were courage and perseverance.
    From. Murphy

• Hi Murphy it’s me I think your really good at atheleticts and well done on coming first in the 100 metre hope you get it next time and as many times as you possibley can.
      Unfourtunatley I didn’t make it in but I got 18.48 seconds how many seconds did it take you.

2. Dear 3/4c athletics day was so fun my favourite events where 200m,100m well done to miss kneebone and the students that participated.
    From Freddie

3. Hi 3/4C and miss Jordan my Favourite event at Landy field was the 200 meter and the 100 meter the character strengths that I showed was persistence and courage from Eli

4. dear miss Jordan
    My favourite events in the athletics carnival were high jump,discus and shot put it was all very fun I think that my character strengths were persistences,resilience,courage and bravery. From kaia

• Hi Kaia I liked shotput and discuss too, I agree that you demonstrated all of those character strengths.

I won’t see you on Monday the 31st to tMonday the 14th.
      From Sophie

5. Hi 3/4C,
    My favourite event was definitely triple jump. I didn’t make it into districts, but I’ve still got 2 more years to try.

I also really liked the 200 metre sprint. I would’ve come 2nd place but Jahli sped up behind me so we both ended up crossing the finish line at the same time and getting the same time.

I think everyone definitely showed the character strengths persistence, self belief, courage and hope. I think everyone also showed self- control because nobody got angry if they didn’t come first, or if they came last.

Chelsea

6. Hi 34c and miss Jordan
    My favourite events at Landry field were high jump long jump 800metre the character strength that I showed were persistence and corouge and hope I also liked compeating against all of my friends but sadly I didn’t make it in to anything but congratulations to all the people who did.

From Alby34c

7. Dear 3/4c and miss Jordan

My favourite was the 800 and 200 meter because at the 800 meter run I came 5 and at the 200 meter run I came fist I wish miss Jordan was there but she could not go so miss morris went in miss Jordan place .

I think that I showed was persistence and courage ever one else did the same but some did not do the 800 meter because thay want to save there breath .

8. Dear 3/4C,
    I loved doing discus because it is my favourite sport out of everything there!

The three character strengths I showed where,
    courage, persistence and faith (hope) .

From Billie

9. Dear 3/4c and miss Jordan

From zarah

10. Hi Miss Jordan and 3/4c,
    I really enjoyed athletics day and my favourite event was the 200m sprint, shotput and discus.

I think I showed a lot of the character strength persistence and self belief, from Sophie

11. Dear 3/4c
    I had an awesome time athletics and enjoyed all of the activities. I am so happy I made it through hurdles and can’t wait for districts.From Sonny

12. Dear 3/4c

13. Hi 3/4c
    My favourite activity’s was everything except discus it was really fun I was coming first for a hole lap but then I Dropped out to 6.I think I got into triple and long jump I hope I get into one more though in every avent we had to display a lot of character strengths like self belief.
    From dan

14. Hi miss Jordan,
    I really enjoyed going to Landy field for the athletics carnival. My favourite event was the one hundred meter sprint; it ended quite quickly but I won! I felt so happy, my heart was beating and I hoped this day wouldn’t end.

I also liked the two hundred meter sprint which was mrs. Morris’s event.The hurtles were pretty high but I still thought they were great fun. I wasn’t so good at high jump but going to landy field was so much fun. Georgia

At athletics in Landyfields I really enjoyed it more than ever because I was challenging myself more and I got encouraged by a lot of people in my house but also in Neptune,Jupiter and Saturn witch made me happy.
    The activity I enjoyed the most was most likely to be discus the reason why I liked it is because I didn’t need to run or anything like that it gave your legs a break and the day after athletics I found out I came first in the under nine girls.