Book Week Fun!

This week is Book Week!

The Children’s Book Council of Australia (CBCA) 2017 Book Week theme is “Escape to Everywhere”.

The CBCA runs Book Week each year, and our school always enjoys celebrating this national event. Books play such an important part in our learning, and to commemorate Book Week, our students are participating in the following activities:

* Dress up parade – students dress up as a book character and participate in the whole school parade.

* Borrowing competitions – students need to return their books in their library session to be in the draw for a prize.

* Book Fair – students and parents have the opportunity to buy books from the Book Fair in our school foyer.

* Donate a book – students can buy a book from the Book Fair and donate it to the library.

***

Today was Dress Up Day and we all enjoyed seeing the costumes students and teachers wore for the occasion.

Here is 3/4C dressed up in all their glory!

And here is the BHPS staff photo!

The parade in our school gym was fantastic!

Here are some photos of the 3/4C students in their fabulous costumes!

***

Thank you to Ms Browne for organising another fun-filled Book Week!

***

Who did you dress up as and why?

Who is your favourite book character?

Did any costumes stand out at the whole school parade?

Which 2017 short-listed book was your favourite and why?

31 thoughts on “Book Week Fun!

1. Hi miss Jordan and 3/4c,
    I dressed up as Veruka salt from Charlie and the chocolate factory because she is such a bratt and it’s a fun idea to dress up as. I thought Zarah and Eliza’s costumes did stand out, I really like the book out from Sophie

2. Hi I am William I dressed up as William intucknito I dressed up as a random character I thought it was funny I had a moustache pipe a raccoon hat and suspendenders also a gun.

3. Hi miss Jordan and 3/4C,
    I dressed up as Ron Weasly from Harry Potter the reason why i dressed up as him was because he is so funny. My favourite character was Freddies and Angus’s costume because it was really good. My favourite book character is Ron Weasly. I liked gary from the short listed books. From Flynn.

4. Dear 3/4c,
    I think we had the funest time we have had all year am l rite we let our amigination tothe testthen we got to show them all off l love how books let you explore l really like the book l am reading now it is called diaries of Maddie l recmend it for all the girls out l am glad you all loved book week l would like to thank miss brown for making book week
    From your class mate Annabel

• Hi Annabel,
      I’m reading the Maddie diaries too, I think it’s a really good book. I recommend it for ages 9+ and for girls who love dance moms. From Sophie

5. Dear 3/4c I really enjoyed book week l came as a cricketer. The parade was full of lots of cool outfits. There where some funny ones and some cool ones. It was so fun.
    From Freddie

6. Dear miss Jordan
    I dressed up as where’s woly. I decided to because I really like the books and I like trying to to find all of the characters in the book.

My favourite character is cat in the hat because l really like dr suses books and I like the riming.

My favourite costume that I thought stood out a lot was will mcnamee and Iggy partoss slatery.

My favourite short listed book was machanica because it was really intresting what to see what things would be like in the feature and how big they were.

From Alby

7. Hi I am William i do not have a favourite book character I like to follow my own things but my favourite book is Old man and the sea and it is bye Hemingway

8. Dear Miss Jordan

I dressed up as Don Bradman because he is a really good cricket player.

My favorite book character is Geronimo Stilton. Because he is really funny.

Yes. Sonny Gilmore’s bear was really good. I also liked Tiayo’s clown costume.

My favourite short listed book was Out. I liked it because it was really sad but had a happy ending

From Angus

9. Hi I am William the costume in the parade that stranded out to me was alby it was the classic where’s Wally his costume was really good I recon that was the best one standing out to me.

10. Dear 3/4c and miss Jordan,
    I dressed up as specky Magee from the specky magee series by Felice Arena and Illustrated by AFl Melbourne past captain Garry Lyon.
    I choose to be specky Magee because I love football and I thought it would be fun to dress up as specky Magee and where my Barwon Heads seagulls guernsey!
    I liked Sonney’s bear coustume because he looked a lot alike the very cranky bear which was what he dressed up as.
    The costumes that were my favourites were the fly guy one, Indiana Jones, and the three Mario brothers were my favourites.
    I liked the 2017 short-listed book named” Out”
    It was all about a little girl and her mum escaped from the war in her country and migrated to Australia on a refugee boat but her dad had to stay at her old country and the girl was very sad because she thought her dad could get killed and then one day her mum told the girl that there is a special surprise for her a she had to close her eyes and when she opened her eyes she saw her father which was heart warming.

11. Dear Miss Jordan and 3/4C,

I dressed up as Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series. I chose this costume because I really like the Harry Potter book and movie series.

I don’t really have one favourite book character, because I like to read a wide variety of books. But some characters I like are Hermione, truly tan from the truly tan series, Greg heffley from diary of a wimpy kid and much more.

I think some costumes that stood out in the parade were Sharni, Indi and Molly’s from grade 5, because their Oompa Loompa hair stood out a lot, since they were bright green. I also think Ms Strong’s costume stood out because her bad case of stripes were very colourful.

My favourite shortlisted books this year for our age group were the patchwork bike and out. I think the patchwork bike was nice because it showed how much you needed to be grateful for what you’ve got, instead wanting new things all the time. I also liked out because it was about refugees and it had a happy ending, when their dad finally made it home to Australia.

Chelsea

12. Hi miss Jordan and 34/c I dressed up as Shan Crawford a and I dressed up as him because in my mind it was telling me to dress up as a football player and I thort I shald dress up a him.
    My favraret book caricter is Dan flyer in skateboarding championships because I have all ways thort I called be him in real life.
    And I thort that Angus and Murphys standed out really well.my favourite short listed book was out because it was a about a refug and I liked it because it had a very good speech in it

13. Dear Miss Jordan and 3/4c,
    I dressed up as thing 1 with Alice I dressed up as that because me and Alice really wanted to go together so we did.

My favourite book character is Matilda because she is nice and has a wonderful personality and she would never live without wonder and kindness.

I really liked Archie Philleps’ one because he was very creative and no one would of thought of it and it was so smart.

My favourite short listed book was probley OUT because it was very nice and had the best story line to it. I also loved the ending because it was very happy.

From Daisy

14. Hi miss Jordan and 34/c I dressed up as Shan Crawford a and I dressed up as him because in my mind it was telling me to dress up as a football player and I thort I shald dress up a him.

15. Hi miss Jordan and3/4c

I dress up as a Sturt from decparble me . I pic this because I like yellow thing. My favourite book character is dirty bertic I love reading dirty bertic because he is funny. I like every body’s costume but the one that stand out to me was Eliza’s the most it was amazing. I like out the most because it is sad book and it is the best

16. Hi 3/4c,
    I dressed up as the very cranky bear because it’s a very fun book and I really enjoyed it.I think that everyone’s outfit really standed out and my favourite book was out but I also liked chip. I had a great time in book week and and can’t wait for next years parade.From Sonny

17. Hi I am William my favourite short listed book this year is the 3 brothers gruff it is a good book in my opinion I like it because I have 3 brothers and it reminds me of them so that is why

18. Hi 3/4c I dressed up as the wolf from little red wighting hood I chose this character because l was going to go as the big bad wolf but that wasn’t what the costume was the wolf from little red wighting hood.

My favorite book character is andy/Terry because they very houmous all the time.

I really liked Sonny’s costume because it was VERY realistic and big.

I liked øüt because it had a really good story.
    Also it was VERY emotional.

19. Dear 3/4c
    I dressed up as ronald Weasley from harry potter.I wanted to because I had red hair spray and was really bright and I had all the stuff I needed the robes,the tie,the white shirt and the wind it was perfect.

If I wasn’t Ron I would of been Don Bradman he is my fourth favourite but my favourite is Harry Potter and gangster granny there my top 4 harry potter, gangster granny, ron and then don bradmen.

In the parade I think will Mcdonlds was the best he was gangster granny It was really cool I loved it and a prep had a hole dragon they were my favourite.

My favourite book was definitely home in the rain because it was really well written and it was really emotional and calm and slow I loved it, definitely my favourite.

From dan

20. To miss Jordan
    I dressed up as Dennis the meace because there were no other characters that I could think of.

My Favourite book character was Andy

I think that will coustume was very good because it was funny and he put lots of detail in it

I really like the book Gary and out because they were relaxing and very funny.
    From Joel

21. Hi 3/4C,
    Book week was fun because ther were a lot of great costumes and Mis Brown went alt of effort towards the great parade on Thursday.

I dressed up as Hermione granger because I was so hooked on her. Hercharacter really stood out in Harry Potter and the Philosophers stone and all the other books I have read by J.K. Rowling.

I don’t really have a favourite book character because I have read over 1 million books. (I might be agsagerating a bit there). But out of Harry Potter my two favourite characters are professor Lupin and Hermione Granger.

Everyones costumes were great but I think Zarahs minion stood out the most in our class.

I liked out because it was a really sad story and I liked the ending how her dad came back from I think the war but I’m not sure. Out was the story I voted for.

From Emma

22. Hey Miss Jordan and 3/4C
    I dressed up as thing 1 and thing 2 with Daisy because I love dr. Seus and the cat in the hat.

My fave rite book character is Liesel Meminger from the book thief because she is brave, has a growth mindset and is never selfish and also is always being her self.

In the book parade I liked Zarahs costume because it was all homemade and really cool.

I liked out because I learnt about what it is like to be a refugee and in the ending her dad came back and it was really nice.

From your class mate Alice.

23. Hi miss Jordan and 3/4C!
    I dressed up as Alice in wonderland because it wasn’t to hard to identify who I was and the costume stood out. I like the book and the movie.

My favourit book character is Matilda because she displays the charecter strengths love of learning and friendship especially towards her friend lavender and miss Honey.

Eliza’s costume stood out heaps; she was the queen of hearts. Sophie’s lolly pop did to, she used it to be Veruca salt from Charlie and the chocolate factory.

My favourite book that had been shortlisted for the year was out.
    From Georgia

24. Dear Miss Jordan and 3/4c,
    Book week this year was full of enthusiasm, happiness and excitement.

For the book week parade I dressed up as Sophie from the BFG and the reason why I did is because my favourite author is Roald Dahl and the BFG is my most favourite book that he wrote.

Eliza from our class her queen of hearts costume stood out really well. There was another costume that also stood out to me and that was Ms Booth her daughter’s costume was the brightest out of all the school.

My favourite short listed book was most likely to be out because it had the sweetest ending and a beautiful message.

25. Hi miss Jordan and 3/4C!
    I dressed up as Alice in wonderland for book week because it wasn’t to hard for people to identify who I was and the costume was not to boring. I like the book and the movie.

My favourite book character is Matilda because she displays the character strengths love of learning and friendship especially towards her friend lavender and miss Honey.

Eliza’s costume stood out brilliantly; she was the queen of hearts. Sophie’s lollipop did to; she was Veruca salt.

My favourite book was out because it had good illustrations and was nice to listen to.

26. Awesome costume 3/4c makeing a comment Charlie’s costume is amazing from Charlie and the chocolate factory great job Charlie