Our Teacher

Miss Jordan has been teaching for thirteen years. She has been at Barwon Heads Primary School for the past three years.

Miss Jordan enjoys blogging and collaborating with many classes around the world. She loves to use technology in different ways to help students learn. Miss Jordan is passionate about literacy and numeracy education and loves teaching and learning with the amazing BHPS students.

***

ABOUT MISS JORDAN…

photo

What grades levels have you taught? I have taught grades prep, one, two, three and four over the past thirteen years.

Where did you grow up? I was born in Melbourne and then my family moved to Pomonal, near Halls Gap, when I was eight years old. I moved to Geelong in 2000 to study teaching at Deakin University and have been here ever since!

What do you like doing in your free time? I enjoy reading, seeing movies, spending time with friends, photography, keeping fit, shopping and cooking. I also love to be organised so I enjoy cleaning and tidying my new house.

What is your favourite holiday destination? New York City!

Do you have any pets? I have a black and white cat named Bella. She is about nine years old and she’s very cheeky!

21 thoughts on “Our Teacher

1. Hi Miss Jordan,

4J and Miss Jones were so inspired by your 4KM and 4KJ blog that we just had to start our own! We have used your safe blogging guidelines and credited your own blog.

We would love you to visit our blog – maybe our classes could set up a blogging friendship?

Please email Miss Jones and let us know.

Thanks,

4J
    Sutherland Shire, Sydney, Australia

2. Hello Miss Jordan,

My name is Lauren Meeks and I’m finishing my undergraduate degree in Elementary Education this semester. As a part of my capstone project, I’m writing about technology in the classroom. One facet of the project that interests me is classroom blogging. I came across your blog through google, and I think it’s a great example of the many things that can be done with a blog. Could I link your classroom blog in my final project? I don’t expect the project to have a large audience, but it will be public.

Thank you for your time!

Lauren Meeks
    lemeeks@liberty.edu

• Hi Lauren,

Thanks for visiting our class blog, I’m glad you enjoyed it!

You can link the class blog in your final project, thank you for asking.

Good luck with your studies!

Kind regards,

Kelly Jordan

3. Hi Miss Jordan,

It’s Skye (your former student). How’s Barwon Heads P.S going?

Millie told me she saw you at Spotlight! I hope I see you before the end of the year. Will you be coming to our graduation?

I miss you!

Hope to see you soon,
    Skye 🙂

• Dear Skye,

It is so lovely to hear from you! I am having a great time at Barwon Heads PS. I have a terrific class and we have fun while we learn. I’m sure you are having a wonderful time in grade six. Your teacher is very lucky to have you!

I did see Millie at Spotlight last weekend! I enjoyed catching up with her and her mum. I do plan to come to your graduation, it will be fun to see you all before you go off to high school.

Best wishes,
      Miss Jordan

• Dear Miss Jordan,

Thanks for replying!

That’s great that you are having a great time. I saw some familiar faces whilst looking through your blog from my dancing. I think their names are Emily, Georgie and Emma. I might be wrong though. I am enjoying grade 6. My teacher is Ms Clissold.

See you at the end of the year,
        Skye 😉

4. Hi Miss Jordan,

I was wondering how you manage the creation of Googleslides with the children. Do they have their own individual Google account or do you use a common class account?

Thanks

Jason

• Hi Jason,

I create all of the Google slideshows through my own personal account to embed on the blog.
      Our students will soon be getting their own Google for Education accounts which will be great.

Kind regards,

Kelly

5. Hello Miss. Jordan,

I found this blog by first stumbling onto your old 4KJ blog. I must say, as someone new to class blogging, I am truly inspired. You have done a great job setting up your blog and engaging your students.

I teach grades 4/5 in Ontario, Canada. We are on summer holidays right now, but will return to school in September. I hope to get blogging going with my students as well. I was wondering if you would be willing to send me the files for your posters on Internet Safety for Students, Internet Safety for Parents, and Quality Commenting. I would like to blow these up to post in mine and my teaching partners classes, and to put on our class blogs if that’s okay with you. Of course, we would fully credit you or your former partner Kathleen if she is the creator.
    We’ll let you know once our blog is up and running.
    Mrs. Davies

• Hi Chantelle,

Thank you for your kind words! I’m glad you are enjoying my class blog.

You will find the PDF files of the posters on Kathleen’s teacher blog. The link is here: http://primarytech.global2.vic.edu.au/internet-safety/

Good luck with beginning your blogging journey, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I’ll have to check it out once it’s up and running.

Enjoy the rest of your summer break!

Kind regards,

Kelly

6. Hello Ms. Jordan,

I am new to blogging this year and I came across your site. I absolutely love everything you do in your classroom and would like to know if I may use some of your ideas not only in my classroom but also for my blog? Of course, I would reference your site with your permission.

Also, just planning ahead, would your class be available to skype with my students? I think the experience would be invaluable.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.
    Melissa

7. Hi Miss Jordan
    I came across your wonderful blog on through google. I am going to try blogging in my class in February. Looking at the packages available do you recommend the Pro or free blogs? I would like mine to be used by students too like yours.
    Jo Wright

• Hi Jo,

Thanks for your comment. I use the Global2 blogging platform which is a premium version of Edublogs. I really like it and would recommend Edublogs to anyone. The premium obviously has more features than the basic Edublogs package, however I’m sure the basic Edublogs platform also works well.

Good luck with your blogging!

Kelly

• Hi Miss Jordan,
        I like your blog as well. You do fantastic stuff in it. I would like to have a blog like that. Do you like PE in your grade? I know I love it. Hope I did not waste your time
        From Francis.

8. Hi Miss Jordan,
    I am very excited about this year and have had a wonderful week.
    I can’t wait to use the iPads this year.

See you tomorrow.
    ❤️ From RACHEL!

9. Miss Jordan

What a wonderful and informative blog. I am new to blogging and just starting out with Edublog. I did basic commenting last year with my year 4 class but i wanted to communicated and engage the students more with the valuable technology.

I have come across you site while learning through Edublog. I was wondering as we are learning if i could use your class blog to demonstrate. I also see you are very busy but if you were interested in blogging with another year 4 Australian class from QLD we would honor the opportunity. No rush as we are only just reseraching.

• Hi Amanda,

Of course, feel free to use my class blog to demonstrate with your class. When your students are ready, we’d love to receive blog comments from your class!

Blogging is a wonderful avenue for sharing classroom learning adventures.

Good luck for the start of the term.

Kelly Jordan

I am a PST currently studying my Bachelor of Education in Ballarat. One of my current subjects is ICT and we are currently studying the use of Blogging in the classroom. Your page is fantastic and I was wondering if I could link it on my page to show my lecturer?

Thank you so much

• Hi Melissa,
      Thank you for your feedback, I’m glad you liked my class blog. You are very welcome to link it to show your lecturer.
      Good luck with your studies.
      Kind regards,
      Kelly