The students in 4B are enjoying learning about blogging through our class blog.
Each day, we:
- Look at the class blog
- Read the newest post and/or blog comments on the post
- Change our place value chart to represent the number of visitors our blog has had overall.
One of the major components of blogging is quality commenting. The students have learnt how to write a quality comment in class, and Miss Jordan is happy with how they are going with their commenting skills.
Writing comments on our class blog is beneficial for learning because:
- Students read each blog post carefully and respond to the post by writing a quality comment
- Students actively practise their writing skills as they compose their blog comments
- Students have an authentic audience for their writing via blog comments
- Students connect with each other by having “commenting conversations” about their learning
- Students share their learning experiences with their families via the blog and family members are encouraged to get involved and comment on our posts
- Students continually reflect on their learning each time they view and comment on the blog, both at school and at home.
Miss Jordan made the poster below to help students remember how to compose a quality comment.
Miss Jordan’s challenge – Submit a quality comment on our class blog! Use our “Writing a Quality Blog Comment” poster to help you!